Math Olympiads at ASA!
If you love math and are looking for a challenge, come join the 5th and 6th grade Math Olympiads Team!
How Can I Participate?
- Open to all 5th and 6th graders!
- Meet Tuesdays at lunch to prepare and participate in competitions.
- Five Olympiad Competitions are held one month apart starting in November.
All participating students must take the Olympiad at the same time and place. We will take the Olympiad from 11:45-12:15pm on the following dates.
- November 13, 2015
- December 11, 2015
- January 15, 2016
- February 12, 2016
- March 5, 2016
During the Olympiads
- The first problem will be handed out promptly at 11:50am, so participating students are encouraged to bring a packed lunch that day to prevent missing the beginning of the Olympiad
- Due to contest rules, students cannot complete the Olympiad at a different time or on a different day
- Each contest consists of five non-routine problems
- Every problem requires careful mathematical thinking and has a time limit
- Each student, working alone, scores 1 point for each correct answer. Thus, a student may score up to 25 points per year
- Calculators are not permitted
- All students will receive a certificate of participation, and the top scorers will receive special recognition
Cost: $25 covers practice materials and entry to all 5 contests.
Practices start Tuesday September 18, 2018 in Main 133 (Ms. Dutro’s room)
To register for the Math Olympiad go to the payments page at StudentPay under Current Students and Parents on website.