The ASA Promise - Tuition free. Donation dependent.
Since 1995, ASA has offered high quality academic and performing arts in a unique school culture and unparalleled value. State funding has steadily decreased since 2007-- resulting in a difference of over $2 million in expected vs. actual funding for ASA.
ASA's anticipated ARTS budget for the 2016-17 school year is over $2.2 million to provide:
- 2.5 hours daily arts education to every student
- 135 classes
- Professional Teaching Artists
- Master classes, workshops, performances and much more!
What would a BASIC college prep and arts education cost at a district school?
3 AP classes + 3 arts classes + 1 club + activity fee = $3,105 for 1 child
What could you expect to pay in private arts classes and lessons?
Art Private 1:1 ASA Class
Piano $25/30 minutes 2 hours
Vocal $25/30 minutes 5 hours
Instrumental $30/30 minutes 5 hours
Total $80 for 1.5 hours/week 12 hours/week
Actual Cost $640/week
*Excludes gas, mileage, and your TIME
Private school tuition ranges from $8,500 - $21,000 per year plus additional activity costs.
ASA asks for $1,800 per student to directly fund a portion of your child's arts program. 100% participation at this level would completely fund ASA arts programs.
Ways You Can Help
- Donate or pledge over 10 months the $1,800 per student per year it costs to provide the arts education for your own child(ren). A contribution of $1,800 is equal to $10 per day for each day of the school year (180 days)!
- Every gift helps, so if you are unable to give or pledge the full amount, please consider a monthly contribution that reflects your value for ASA and your budget.
- If you are capable, please consider sponsoring one or more students whose family simply cannot make this financial commitment.
All donations are tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor for specific tax advice.